My last blog entry was almost 5 years ago. At the time, I was six weeks into training for my first marathon. Since that date, I completed my marathon in December 2014, recovered from a stress fracture in my foot in the Spring of 2015, delivered our 3rd child in May 2016, became a stay at home mom again in August of 2017, and finally completed my 20th half marathon in February 2019. During my pregnancy, I gained 35 pounds but and have successfully lost 30 of those in the last 3 years.
Currently, I am 6 weeks into a 5k training plan where I am working on running versus run/walking. So far, the training is going really well. I have had some really amazing workouts and am up to running 2.5 miles nonstop. I have about 2 more weeks until my goal 5k. After that, I will maintain mileage for a few weeks and then work towards a 10k and then a half marathon. My goal is to run all 13.1 miles of a half marathon this December and hopefully another full marathon in 2020.
Here's to a good workout this evening and hopefully, more blog posts to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment