This past week was Week 2 of marathon training. I am really enjoying the focused runs and
then having days on my bike. Most of my
runs are around my neighborhood which is quite hilly. While sometimes I just
want to run on a flat service, I know that these hills will only make me
stronger. After only 2 weeks, I am
already feeling a difference and am
looking forward to what the next several weeks will hold.
Workout #6: 4.06 Mile
Run. This run was my first early morning run in a long time and also happened
to be on National Running Day!
![]() |
| Beautiful Texas Sunrise |
Workout #7: 30 Min
Bike (which ended up being 5.65 miles). The day before I watched the sun come up with my run, and was able to watch the sun go down with my ride.
Workout #8: 30 Min Tempo Run (3.09 Miles). This was my first
ever attempt at a tempo run. As I have
said, my neighborhood is hilly so therefore my tempo run was hilly. It was a hard workout to say the least. Even with
that, I finished my 3.09 miles in 35:08 (11:22 min/mile pace).
Workout #9: 7.24 Mile
Run. After not being able to do my long run on Sunday as I had planned (due to
weather), I ended up running my 7 miles on a Monday night. I definitely had a
better experience with this long than with my 6.23 miler the week before. I ran
my 6 miler in 1:16:19 (12:15 min/mile pace) and ran my 7 miles in 1:26:20
(11:55 min/mile pace). Not bad
improvement if I do say so myself! To be
fair though, the 6 miler was ran at a local park that is not as hilly but it
was done in the morning with the sun up. My 7 miler was completed around my
neighborhood with hills and all at night.
Workout #10: 45 minutes of Cross-Training (1.94 Mile Walk).
Walking with the sweetest husband while pulling 30 pounds of cuteness is
counted as cross-training right?







No comments:
Post a Comment