A journey of 26.2 miles begins with a single step!
Follow me as I take you through my journey to completing my first full marathon.
Sunday, August 1, 2010
125 Days to Go!
Today marks 125 days until the White Rock Marathon. I have decided that I am going to keep a journal of my road to accomplishing my goal of running ALL 26.2 of the miles. I know these next several weeks are going to be filled with some intense training but I know that all the blood, sweat and tears are going to be worth it when I cross the finishline. I have come a long ways since my first 5K (which I walked and finished in a little over an hour and weighed 210 pounds). I have walked/ran 7 half marathons, ran 1 half marathon, ridden 45 miles in the hills of Austin and completed many 5 and 10K races. By finishing the White Rock in December, I can say that I completed my first full marathon by the age of 30 (I turn 30 2 weeks after) and will be well on my way to completing my ultimate goal of qualifying and running the Boston Marathon by 35.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment