Wednesday, August 11, 2010

115 days to go!

About to head out for my evening 3 mile run.
Wow! This has been a crazy workout day! I started the day with a 10 mile bike ride around White Rock Lake (completing in 43 minutes) and then ended with a 3 mile run at Arbor Hills (finishing in 35 minutes). I was really pleased with the bike ride but a little disappointed with the run (I thought I would have ran a little faster but considering the hills and the heat, I should be pleased). This weeks workouts got off to a rocky start due to me being exhausted because ARP (my little one) did not want to sleep through the night Sunday and Monday night due to allergy issues. I spoke with my trainer and he has my workouts planned for the next FIVE weeks. The goal as of now is to be able to run 10 miles by the end of September. I believe I can do it (I have run 13.1 miles after all) I just have to make sure to take care of my body and listen when it says it has had too much. I believe I CAN run this marathon, I just have to continue to remind myself to wipe the sweat off my face (instead of throwing in the towel) when things get tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment