One of my views as I was riding around White Rock Lake
These last few days have been filled with lots of stress and anxiety over several things that are going on in my life. Due to this, I have really been focused on my running and cycling to help calm these emotions and to be able to focus. On Tuesday, I went for a 10 mile bike ride in the morning around White Rock Lake and a 2.5 mile run in the evening after work. I really like cycling and running at the lake because of the peacefulness that the water brings to me. The ride went well and it felt really good to be back out on my bike. The run went pretty good as far as pace but I started cramping around mile 2, probably due to being a little dehydrated. The lesson in all this is that I need to make sure that I drink plenty of water during these summer workouts. Yesterday morning, I went for another 10 mile ride at White Rock Lake and finshed the ride about 15 minutes faster than on Tuesday. This morning I ran 8 quarter-mile repeats at the track and ran my fastest interval yet! Last week my fastest was 2:15 and this week I ran a 2:09! I couldn't believe it when my trainer told me. I am very proud of today's workout. I go back to middle school athletics when I was told I was "not a good athelete" and should "just stick with band." It just goes to show what I can accomplish athletically with the right training and coaching.

No comments:
Post a Comment