On December 25th, I signed up for the Noom weight loss program. Over the last several years, I have tried and tried to lose weight using SparkPeople or most recently My Fitness Pal. I have never been one to want to try to use a paid diet plan, but I am SO tired of not getting anywhere. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. I pretty much feel that is where I have been over the past year. Because of this, I wanted to try something different. Noom is supposed to help in the process by using psychology and that is something I have never done.
On December 26th, I weighed in at 192.6. This is the highest weight I have been in over a year (maybe 2). I know some of that was excess bloat from eating all the things over my birthday weekend and through Christmas. While I know this, I am not excusing or dismissing this number. The scale doesn't like and this is where I am now. There are only two places to go from here...make a change or not. I am choosing to make a change. I am choosing to do something different. I am choosing to make this year the year that I completely work on me.
For the past 2 days, I have starting working through the Noom program. I am working on being very dedicated. I am doing my reading assignments. I am logging my meals and working towards changing the way I think about food. I didn't take a progress photo on Day 1, but below is a photo from today. Today's weigh in was at 186.5 (a difference of 6 pounds).
As I said earlier, this is a starting point. Here's praying big changes are coming.
No comments:
Post a Comment