In October of 2020, I injured my hip while out for a run. After going to the doctor, I ended up at physical therapy for about 6 weeks. After graduating from PT, I was able to return to running in late November. I went for a handful of runs every month until July of 2021. In July, I starting having pain in my other hip. Because of this, I discontinued running out of fear of fully injuring it like I did in October. After several months of no real improvement, I finally went to a chiropractor last month. After about 8 adjustments, the chiropractor cleared me to try a short run.
This afternoon, I went for that run. I set out on my usual 1.5 mile route. I started out walking. I walked .25 miles, then started jogging. I jogged for the next .25 mile section, then walked for .5 miles. I then ran another .25 miles and walked the remainder. During my running segments, my hip felt really good. I had no pain at all. It was a slow and short run, but it really did feel good to be hitting the pavement again. I really hope this is the start of being able to be consistent again with my running, because I have missed it.


No comments:
Post a Comment