Yesterday afternoon, I went for my first run in weeks. I have been sidelined due to a hip injury since the end of September. I was given the green light by my PT to test the waters so, I went out for a 2 miler. His instructions were to take it easy, and I did. I didn't push the pace, and did .25 walk/.75 run intervals. I also made sure to stretch very well immediately afterwards as well as later in the evening. I am happy to report that I had no hip pain during or even after the run (including this morning). This makes me SO happy, because I was starting feel like my hip was never going to feel normal again.
Over the summer, I registered for the Dallas Marathon. Due to my injury, and the eventual cancellation of the live race because of Covid, it is no longer my goal to run a marathon by December. As of now, the the race has been rescheduled for the beginning of May. I sat down last night with my calendar and the tried and true Hal Higdon running plan to see if it was possible to train complete the marathon. After calculating it out and looking at a couple of his plans, I came to the conclusion that I just don't have adequate amount of time to slowly train to run the marathon in May. I do, however, have time to train to complete the half and will be switching my registration to do so. I am a little sad, but I want to make sure that I do a slow build to ensure I do not reinjure myself.
I am supposed to go for another run tomorrow to again see how my hip feels. I will report back to my PT this week and we will go from there.
No comments:
Post a Comment