Saturday, November 28, 2020

Resetting & Other Stuff

Where to begin? I really don't know. It has been quite awhile since my last post, but I am still trudging along. I am not sure how to catch the blog up so I will just share a few thoughts.

I have been maintaining my weight within 5 or 6 pounds for the most part. My weight is up at the higher end of that range right now. I have had some things that have been causing me some stress, and I have not been handling it as well as I should. I have been emotionally eating, but am hitting the reset button.

At the beginning of the year, I found my running stride again. I was feeling so good, I signed up for my 2nd marathon. I was doing relatively good with training and at the end of September, I hurt my hip. Before this incident, I had struggled with hip pain. When I would start to feel the pain in my hip before, I would back off my mileage, step up my stretching game and would be back running. In September, while I was out for a run, I felt what I thought was a tear in my hip. The pain was so intense, it stopped me in my tracks. I went to the doctor and was told that if it was a tear, it was most likely a very small tear and would heal on its own. I was prescribed physical therapy and have been going twice a week ever since.

The pain in my hip has improved, but still hurts when I stretch certain ways. My therapist cleared me to go on a couple of short runs this weekend to test the waters. The plan is to go today and again on Monday. I am excited but a little leery. 

This past summer, I decided to go back to school. I have wanted to work in the physical therapy field for almost the last 10 years. First, I was wanting to be a physical therapist and then after 3 kids, I was going to be a physical therapy assistant (PTA). In September, I started taking A&P I, since it was part of the prerequisites for PTA school. Very long story short, the PTA program I was hoping to get into will not be accredited and starting their program until 2026. While there are other programs, this program was going to be close by and the other programs are not. Because of this, as well as some other reasons, working in physical therapy does not appear to be what I am meant to do. It has taken a little bit of time, but I am working towards accepting this in order to sit and be still to hear what God has planned for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment