Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Why Didn't I think of that!?


This morning after checking my email, I noticed that one of my Sparkfriends commented on my last blog. Over the last few blogs, I have talked about the shin pain that I have been having and how it has kept me from running for fear of really hurting myself. This person gave me the suggestion to use a foam roller on my calf muscle since a tight calf could be the cause of my pain. OMG! Why had I not thought of that! I immediately pulled out my foam roller and went to town on my calf muscle. OH WOW it hurt! Not the hurt of an injury but the hurt of a tight muscle being massaged out that makes you say “it hurts but feels good.” I actually started having slight pain again in my shin last night and put off running today because of it. After using the foam roller, my shin feels a million times better. I plan on using it again tonight to work on it some more as well as after my runs. What I do not understand is why I did not think of it? How did I overlook that? I use that thing for my quads and hamstrings on a fairly regular basis but for some reason it did not dawn on me to use it in this instance. I am SO thankful for the suggestion!

No comments:

Post a Comment