Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A BABY Detour Along the Way

It has been a LONG time since I have been on here to blog about my training.  Since my last blog, I became pregnant and gave birth on October 2, to a beautiful baby boy (AMC). Due to my pregnancy, I did not train for any races but tried to stay active and even completed 2 half marathons in the beginning of my pregnancy. Both of those races went well but were definately not my fastest or even close to my fastest half-marathons. 

My goals as of right now are to participate and complete the White Rock Half Marathon on December 4, even if I have to walk a majority of it.  I do realize that it is only about 7 weeks away but I needed something to keep me motivated to get back on track and work towards my goal of running a full. I am anxious to get back to running but will have to settle for walking until I am cleared by my doctor to return to the running world.  I also plan on running (all 13.1 miles) the Cowtown Half Marathon in February as well.  Beyond that, I will start working out with my trainer again and run some 5Ks and 10Ks. 

During my pregnancy, I gained a total of 33 pounds and have lost 14 of those pounds since delivery.  Once I lose the remaining 19 pounds, I will have 28 pounds to get to my ultimate goal weight. Right now I am concentrating on recovering from my C-section and eating enough calories to support both me and my little boy.

I am optimistic about what I can accomplish and cannot wait to document my return to the running to continue on the road to 26.2 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment