Halfway through my last long Run
When I started this blog, I had full intentions of documenting my training for the White Rock Marathon and actually running the Full Marathon on December 5th. Since my last post, a lot of stuff has happened (the congestion lasting longer than I wanted and some things going on with our adoption of ARP) and I am now running the half-marathon instead of the full (the new goal is to run either the Rock n Roll Dallas, Big D or America's Run as my full marathon). When I first made this decision, I was a little sad that I was not going to meet my goal of running my first full marathon before I turned 30. After a lot of prayer and reflection it does not bother me anymore because I know that I have achieved so much in my athletic career. Besides, running a full marathon for the first time at the age of 30 is nothing to be ashamed of and I am still on the road to 26.2 miles!
Last Saturday, I did my first long ride on a road bike in preparation for riding 45 miles at the LIVESTRONG Challenge bike ride on October 24. I participated in the Wish100 ride around Plano and ended up riding 56 miles instead of 45 because of a wrong turn! It was a great ride and I am really happy with how things happened. Being in a lot better shape than I was made the extra 11 miles not a big deal as it definately could have been.
Over the past several weeks I have been continuing to do my intervals training with my trainer. Last week I actually accomplished a new record for me; I ran my first ever 2:07 quarter mile interval! I really enjoy seeing the improvements in my running. I have been running a 3.4 mile route with my friend B on Mondays to work on my 5K time in hopes of setting a new PR at the LIVESTRONG Challenge 5K on October 23. This past Monday, I ran it in 38 minutes! I am supposed to meeting B today and again on Monday to run it again in hopes that I will be ready to attain my PR by next Saturday.

No comments:
Post a Comment