Thursday, January 31, 2013

Jan Goals Reflection and What's in Store for Feb

January got off to a rough start with me being sick with a yucky cold and an ear infection for the first 3 weeks. While I did not set a mileage goal at the beginning of the month, after looking at my mileage log last weekend, I decided I would make sure I hit 25 total miles for the month. Well, with this morning's run, I accomplished that goal and even surpassed it by 1 whole mile. :-P This got me thinking. If I could hit 25 miles in an "off" month, what could I do during a "good" month? I decided that I would increase my goal mileage for February to 40 miles. I feel this number can be accomplished since I have a half marathon on February 24 (not running the whole thing) and another one scheduled for March 24 (the plan is to run the whole thing).

My other goal is to get my 5K faster. I am hoping to get my time down to 34 minutes by the end of February. My fastest 5K time in January was 36:05.  I am confident that with adding more 3 mile runs to my schedule and getting in a couple of track workouts that I will be able to get there!

Don't try to rush progress. Remember- a step forward, no matter how small, is a step in the right direction. Keep believing.--Kara Goucher

No comments:

Post a Comment