Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Starting 2012 with 4 miles and Yoga

On Monday, I started 2012 off with a four mile run on the trail that follows the shoreline of the lake by where I live.  I walked the first quarter mile, ran the next 1.75 miles, walked mile 3 and ran mile 4 to finish in 55:30 (this figures to a 13.8 minute mile). I am pleased with this time and the run itself.  Again, I am pleasantly surprised that I was not more sore Tuesday as well. It is almost as if my body is remembering how this running thing is supposed to happen. :-P

I registered for the Cowtown Half Marathon and am working towards completing my 6th one. My goal for this half is to finish comfortably and strong. Because I am 3 months postpartum, I am still working on getting my running back and feel it would be too much to strive for a specific time by the end of February. The plan as of right now, is I will schedule another half marathon in March or April that I will work towards finishing in 2:30.

On Tuesday, I attended my first yoga class and really enjoyed myself and am even a little sore from it today.  I decided to try a yoga class because I did some prenatal yoga throughout my pregnancy and liked it so much. I plan on attending the class again on Thursday. I feel that the yoga will be a good break between my running days and help me stay injury free.

I am working hard to get back to my prepregnancy weight so I can finally work towards attaining my goal weight and an even better/more efficient runner.  I am finding that getting my workouts in and eating clean is a lot harder with ARP & AMC competing for my attention but if I take it one day at a time (and sometimes one meal at a time), it is going a lot better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment