The Cowtown Half Marathon is in 49 days and the Dallas Rock & Roll Half Marathon 3 weeks after that so I have ramped up my training again. I went on a 4 mile run on Tuesday for the first time since the White Rock (I know, I know…I slacked off some but I am back on track now and that is what counts) and it wasn’t really difficult but it wasn’t easy. I could definitely tell that it had been awhile. On Wednesday, I did my scheduled 3 mile run on the treadmill because I worked late and had nobody to watch ARP. I always hate running on the treadmill because it is boring and I find myself concentrating on how much time/distance I have left instead of enjoying the actual run. This morning I went for another 4 miler and it was quite a bit better than Tuesdays. Apparently, the running I did on Tuesday and Wednesday reminded my body of how is supposed to feel like. Today’s run was definitely more efficient than the others; my average and max heart rate was lower than Tuesday even though I ran the same distance faster. I have a long run, 6 miles, scheduled for tomorrow so we will see how it goes.
A journey of 26.2 miles begins with a single step!
Follow me as I take you through my journey to completing my first full marathon.
Saturday, January 8, 2011
Started Training for 2 More Half Marathons
The Cowtown Half Marathon is in 49 days and the Dallas Rock & Roll Half Marathon 3 weeks after that so I have ramped up my training again. I went on a 4 mile run on Tuesday for the first time since the White Rock (I know, I know…I slacked off some but I am back on track now and that is what counts) and it wasn’t really difficult but it wasn’t easy. I could definitely tell that it had been awhile. On Wednesday, I did my scheduled 3 mile run on the treadmill because I worked late and had nobody to watch ARP. I always hate running on the treadmill because it is boring and I find myself concentrating on how much time/distance I have left instead of enjoying the actual run. This morning I went for another 4 miler and it was quite a bit better than Tuesdays. Apparently, the running I did on Tuesday and Wednesday reminded my body of how is supposed to feel like. Today’s run was definitely more efficient than the others; my average and max heart rate was lower than Tuesday even though I ran the same distance faster. I have a long run, 6 miles, scheduled for tomorrow so we will see how it goes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment